How to avoid game playing from the beginning.
If you are on a first or second date, and you think you might be interested in seeing this person again, I suggest paying attention to signals or conversation that perhaps your date has given about things they would like to do in the future. For example, if she’s mentioned the new art exhibit that she wants to see…or a new restaurant that sounds interesting….then at the end of the date you should suggest checking it out for next time. If she says yes, then follow up by saying you’ll call mid week to figure out a plan. This let’s both of you know that you’ll being seeing each other again soon. Then make sure you call on the day you are supposed to….and no sooner. I think that calling the day after is nice, but not necessary on the first or second date. In fact, sometimes it can feel like too much to soon.
If you’ve said at the end of the date that you’ll call mid week, then call mid week—leave it at that.
Always walk her to her car and wait until she drives off
If she has her car in valet…you will score BIG bonus points if you walk her to the valet and pay the valet for her parking, she can tip.
Open doors for her and let her always go first
If she offers to pay or chip in….ALWAYS say no
Never answer your phone when on a date
Don’t try too hard
Don’t try to be funny
And genuinely be interested in what she has to say
These are my opinion’s based on my personal experience over the years. But, it seems I’m not alone in my opinion.
Just as I was getting ready to post my “do’s and don’ts” on my blog, I came across an article on yahoo.
I’ve posted it below. I really agree with the part about communication. in fact, I agree with it all. Enjoy this iinteresting and helpful article.
From Yahoo.com homepage 12-9-2007
Andrea Syrtash gets the scoop from daters — females and males — about the top mistakes men make when they’re dating. See how to avoid those mistakes
How many times have you gone on what you thought was an amazing date only to find that the person never calls back or doesn’t seem interested when you try to book another date?
Dating can be awkward, and everyone makes mistakes. Of course, there are some instances in which the person you like doesn’t follow up and it has nothing to do with you (e.g,. an ex comes back into her life…don’t you love that?). But often it’s simple things we do (or don’t do) that prevent us from making a connection.
During the past few years, I’ve interviewed hundreds of daters and asked them what they were looking for, and it’s amazing to hear the same themes. Women have certainly complained to me about the biggest mistakes they feel that men make in dating, so I thought I’d share the secrets. (Don’t worry — I have plenty of material on the mistakes women make, but that’s for a future installment.)
Top Five Dating Mistakes That Men Make
1. Men Show Off or Try to Impress Too Much. Don’t offer your resume, your earning potential, and tell us how you’ll change our lives the first time we meet you. Instead of talking about yourself the whole night, ask questions! Don’t come on too strong right away. Let us figure out if we want to be with you, instead of telling us we do.
2. Men Don’t Listen to Us When We’re Talking. We notice if you stop listening to us, if you ask us questions we just answered, or if you keep interrupting us when we’re opening up. This drives most women nuts! Unless you’re on call, don’t check your Blackberry at dinner and don’t check out other women. Focus on the woman across the table from you and listen to what she has to say.
3. Men Aren’t Chivalrous. The lines here are not always clear. We want you to treat us like equals, but we also want you to treat us like women. It’s nice when a man picks up the tab or makes sure his date gets home safely. It may be old-fashioned, but a number of women report that dating a gentleman matters.
4. Men Don’t Take Initiative. Men, how many times have you caught yourself saying, “I don’t know” or “Whatever you’d like” when planning a date? If you’ve asked a woman out, a better approach is to give a few fun and creative date options and ask her to pick one.
Initiative doesn’t mean ordering for a woman at a restaurant or ordering a woman around! It does mean confidently approaching your date with ideas, passion and interest. It also means you can be flirty and forward, letting her know how amazing you think she looks or how much you want to kiss her.
5. Men Say They’ll Call and Then Don’t. It’s no surprise that acting like you’re going to follow up when you’re not bothers most women (and never underestimate the way word travels about you not keeping your word!). Better to end a date by saying, “It was nice to meet you. Have a good night.” Don’t act like you’re going to follow up if you’re not. If you’ve gone out more than a few times, be honest that while you enjoy your date’s company, you don’t feel a romantic connection.
Just remember, communication is usually the way to go with a woman.
There are always exceptions, so I don’t believe there are absolute rights and wrongs in dating — but there are strategies. If you follow these simple steps, you’ll be ahead in the dating game. At least you’ll get an ‘A’ for effort.